The official store for Android apps is the Google Play Store. This is an app where millions of apps in various categories are stored in the digital library. No matter whether you are looking for music, books, news stand, etc., you will find everything you want in this app store. With the Google Play Store, you can search for any application by typing the keyword or browsing the apps Play Store library through the categories. Most of these apps are offered for free and there are few that you can purchase directly from the google Play Store.
How to download Play Store for different devices?
There are plenty of devices that are on offer today. Most of the Android devices that you get today come with pre-installed Google Play Store. If you are using a device that does not have the Play Store app installed on it, then you do not have to worry that you cannot get access to the millions of apps on offer. You can easily find the necessary APK file for the app and install it on your Android devices to gain access to millions of Play Store apps.
Download Play Store on Android devices
The following are the steps you need to follow in order to get the curt version of PlayStore on your Android devices.
- The first thing you should do is to see whether you are having access to the latest version of the Google Play Store. You should ensure that you download only the latest Play Store version to get access to all the latest updates and new apps that are added periodically.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device and then visit the Settings option by tapping on it.
- You will see the build number at the bottom of the Settings page. This is the Play Store version of your Android phone.
- If you do not have an upgrade Android phone and are still stuck with Gingerbread, then you might not be able to get access to the latest version of the Play Store app. You need to upgrade your handset to the latest Android version.
Play Store APK for Android
- Visit any of the trusted APK file sources and get access to the APK file that is signed by Google. This way you can be sure that the file will not be tampered with one
- You can click on the download file option and save it on your device.
- If you have downloaded the APK file on your android, then you need to make sure that you transfer the file to your device to access it.
- It is very important that you go to the Settings page and access the Security options. There you will find an unknown source option; you will have to enable it.
- This will give the device permission to access the files from unknown sources. Once you have completed the Play Store APK file, you need to go back to Settings and disable the “unknown sources” option.
- After you have downloaded the Play Store APK file on your device, you need to install the Play Store on the device using your file manager.
- Open ES File Explorer and go to the place where you have saved the Play Store APK file. It would be in the ‘downloads’ folder.
- Click on it if there is a box that pops up on your device screen asking you the app that you want to use, and then opt for the ‘Package Installer”.
- You will be taken to the next screen where you need to read out the permission changes and then tap on the Install option.
- The Google Play Store will get installed on your device.
Play Store for PC
There are a lot of apps on offer for Windows PC. But, there are plenty of mobile apps that are not on offer for windows, especially Android apps. If you are looking to get the Google Play Store apps on your computer, then you can do so easily by making use of third-party software. It is not an easy job to get the Android apps on your phone to your PC. You need to use an Android emulator to run the apps. The emulators will make your computer to behave like another computer or device and in this way; you can turn your Windows PC into an Android device.
Bluestacks app player
This is the most popular Android emulator. This is a very easy-to-use emulator and can be easily downloaded on your PC. This is a player that will help in getting multiple apps and games on your computer with very less effort.
- Visit the Bluestacks website and downloaded the Bluestacks app player.
- Open the setup file and then follow the instructions that show up on your screen to install the Bluestacks player on the computer.
- After the installation is through, run the Bluestacks. There might be a notification that shows up on the screen asking you to update the graphics driver. Just close this pop-up screen and Bluestacks will start to roll on your computer.
- After the installation is over, you will see the Android running on the system in a separate window. There will be a search button you see on the top of the window. Type the name of the app you want to access and click on search button to get the apps from the Play Store.
- Before you search for the apps on the Play Store, it is better to login to Google account so that you can install most of the apps and games on offer.
Play Store sign in
If you have a Google account created in your name, then you can use that Google Account’s email address and password to log in to Google Play Store. The best thing about Google and its various services is that you can use one single account to sign into various web-based services that Google offers. If so, you have not added your Google Account on your device, then you can add it easily by following these simple steps.
- Open the Settings option on your device. It will be the gear icon that you see on the home screen.
- Tap on it and then tap on the Accounts option that you see from the drop-down menu.
- In the Accounts option, you will see an ‘Add Account’ option. Tap on it and then choose Google.
- You will be asked to enter your username or email address. Type the email address which looks like [email protected]
- Then you will be asked to enter your password in the next option. Enter the exact password for the email address.
- Now, you will gain access to the Google Play Store app on your device and you do not have to sign in again to access the millions of apps in the Store.
How to logout of Google Play Store?
are a few options that you can explore to sign out of the Google Play Store account on your device. There is no option in the Google Play Store that says sign out of the Play Store account on the Android device.
Signing out through Android settings
- Got to the Settings option on your Android device and tap on it. From the drop down menu, you need to move to the Accounts & Sync option.
- You will get details of the account of your device. Tap on the account that you wish to remove.
- Once you tap on the account that reads as [email protected], you will come across an option on the screen “Data & Synchronization”.
- On the top right corner of the screen in the Data & Synchronization option, you will find the drop down button. Tap on it and choose the remove account option.
- Now, you would have successfully logged out of the Play Store account and you will not be able to log in to Google account.
Logging out using Android apps
There are a few Android apps on offer in the Google Play Store that can be used to sign out of the Play Store account from your Android device.
- Locate the “Log Out” app on the Google Play Store and tap on it. You will be taken to this app’s main page. Tap on the install button you see on the screen.
- After the app is installed, click on the “Log Out” app icon and tap on it to open the app.
- There will be an option Log Out all accounts on the app’s page. Tap on it and you will be signed out of all the accounts on our device.
Play Store is not working
There are times when the Google Play Store installed on your phone does not work. If this is an issue, then the following are some of the fixes you can try out to start using Play Store again.
It is important to first make sure if the problem is at your end or not. The best option would be to first restart the phone or the device to see if the issue has been addressed. If the problem persists, then move on to other troubleshooting options. The next option is to take a look at the date and settings of the device as well as the internet connection. If these seem fine, then you need to investigate further.
Check the version of Google Play Store:
If the Play Store gets stuck or is frozen, then you need to force stop the app. This can be done by visiting the Settings option and choosing the Apps section in the drop down list. Tap on the Apps, locate the Google Play Store and tap on it. You will see an option Force stop. Tap on it to forcefully stop the app from working on your device. After this, make sure that the Google Play Store in your app is up to date and clean. If not, update the Google Play Store app and see if it is working properly.
Toggling Wi-Fi or data connection:-
The Wi-Fi or the mobile data connection could be the issue. If you are using Wi-Fi to access Google Play Store app, then try to turn the Wi-Fi off and then switch it on once again after a couple of minutes. The same is the case for the mobile data connection. This might solve the issue.
Empty the Google Play Store cache:-
The cache stored in the Google Play Store app might be causing the app to slow down or to load very slowly. If there are loads and loads of old data piled up in the cache memory, the app can misbehave. It is better that you clear the cache memory for running the app faster. This can be done as follows.
- Go to the Settings option on your device and then tap on the Apps option in the drop-down menu list.
- Scroll down and locate the Google Play Store app option in the Apps folder and tap on it.
- You will see an option called as clear cache in the app info. Tap on the clear cache option to get rid of all the cache memory.
Remove Google Play Store data
If the freeing of some space by removing the cache memory has not worked on the Google Play Store, then you can look to really clean up the Play Store app by removing bigger things. For this, you should look to delete some data from the app. This is done as follows.
- Go to the Settings option on the phone and tap on the App manager or the Apps option.
- Here, you will find the Clear data option in the Google Play Store app info page. Tap on it to clear the data stored in the app.
Some of the apps would need the support of the other to work properly. If you have recently disabled any of the apps, then this could be the reason why your Google Play Store app is not working properly. In order to turn on the disable apps, you need to:
- Tap on the Settings option on your Android device. In the Settings app, look for the Apps option and tap on it.
- You will see three options on the top of the app info page, look for ‘All’ option to see the list of all the apps that are used in your device.
- Scroll down to see which are the apps that you have disabled and then tap on them to enable the apps. See if this helps in improving the performance of the Google Play Store app.
Uninstall the Google Play Store app
If all attempts at reviving the Google Play Store app on your device fail, then the last option is to uninstall the app. As this is a system app, you will not be able to get rid of it fully and you can only uninstall its updates and set it back to the factory version. The following is the procedure to uninstall the updates.
- Go to the Settings option on your phone and then locate the Apps section and tap on it.
- Scroll down the apps section to locate the Google Play Store app and then tap on it.
- In the Play Store info page, scroll down to locate the Uninstall updates option and tap on it. This will help in moving the application to an older version.
This can solve the issues that your Play Store is suffering from and once the Play Store app is working, you can always try to update it later.
Play Store offered by Google is one of the most popular and powerful apps on offer. This is a place where you will get access to millions and millions of apps in various categories like music, TV, magazines, books, newsstand, games, movies, and more. The Google Play Store app is designed to run on Android devices and all the latest Android handsets and tablets will come with pre-installed Google Play Store. If you do not have it installed on your Android device, then you can easily do it by using the Android APK file.
How to Login on Play Store
Make sure that you already have a Google account to access the Play Store on your Android device. If you have a Gmail account or a Google account, then you can use the same email address and password to login to Google Play Store.
- On the home screen or the apps section of your device, search for the Play Store app icon and tap on it. The icon for Play Store will be a white suitcase with a multicolored triangle on it.
- If you have already logged in to your Google account on the device, then you will instantly get access to the Google Play Store app main page, If not, you will need to log into your Google account to gain access to the Play Store.
- Look for the menu option that looks like three horizontal lines, one above the other and tap on it. Scroll down to the Add account option and choose the Google option from the list of apps.
- Tap on the username and key in your Google or Gmail email address that ends with @gmail.com. Then you will be asked to key in your password to the email address you have just entered.
- Make sure you enter the exact password as it is case sensitive. Only if you provide the exact email address and the password you will get the permission to access the Google Play Store app on your device.
Apple Store vs. Google Play
The two major mobile platforms that you see today are the Android and the iOS. Both of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. The following are some of the advantages that Google Play Store has over the Apple App Store.
- Developer-friendly platform:-The Apple App Store does not allow all the apps that developers develop to feature in the store. But, Google Play Store is more developer friendly and is not as strict at accepting apps. There are also a wide variety of app categories and creative apps on offer through the Play Store than the App Store.
- Offers better social experience:-Finding the apps and using the apps has become more social on Google Play Store. All the apps will carry cumulative ratings and also show if any of your friends are recommending the app. The app page will carry information about the commentary or review left by your friends or other users to get to know if the app is worthy of download or not.
- Less expensive:-The prices of the apps on offer at the Apple App Store are a bit costlier than the apps on offer at the Google Play Store. There are a lot of apps offered for each and every category on the Android platform than what you get on the iOS platform.
- Better web interface:-The Google Play Store offers a better web interface than what the App Store app offers. So, using the Play Store app on the PC or the laptop will be much easier than using the Apple App Store app. The Play Store offers users to install the app on their Android device right from their web browser.
How to change Play Store country?
- Get into your Google Payments account by signing in with your Gmail address and password. Click the Settings option on the top corner of the payments.google.com page.
- Change the home address in the Settings option.
- Visit the Address book tab to and to remove your old address.
- After you have removed the old address, you will see a prompt window to show up on the screen. You will be asked to accept the new terms and conditions for your new address and country. Accept it and your Google Play Store country gets changed.
How to get free money on Google Play Store?
You get free money on your Google Play credit for just answering simple survey questions on the apps that you have downloaded. The survey questions will show up from time to time and you can easily collect cents and dollars and accumulate in the Google Play credit to purchase the interesting apps.
- Visit the Google Play Store on your device and download the Google Opinion Rewards app. This is a Google consumer survey app.
- It will not ask for your personal information and will only have survey questions about the apps on offer.
- You will be asked a few questions upfront and once you do so you will get notifications about the survey and you will get a set of questions to answer.
- You will be paid about 10 cents to $1 in your Google Play account for each of the surveys that you successfully answer.
Get Play Store free cards
There is a lot of websites online like PointsPrizes that offer free Google Play Store gift cards. You will need to gain the points from the website to win the Google Play gift cards code by playing games, watching videos, entering your email, etc. Once you have the Play Store gift card code, you can redeem it as follows:
- Visit Google Play Store app on your device and tap on the Menu option on top left hand corner.
- Scroll down to gain access to redeem option and tap on it.
- Enter the code you have received in the space for the code and you will get a notification that you have got the reward.
- You can claim the reward by tapping on the Get option or you can tap on Not now to use the reward later.
This is also the process to get Play Store credit for free.
Play Store for kids
The Google Play Store is a treasure trove to find all kinds of game activities and other educational apps for the kids of all ages. Just visit the family main category in the Play Store and choose any subcategories to get games for different age groups. There are also plenty of game apps on offer under various categories like brain games, action, and adventure, creativity, etc. to meet the needs of every child.
Play Store free games
- In order to get access to the free games on offer in the Play Store app, just tap on the Play Store icon to gain access to the main page.
- Tap on the apps option you see on the left of your screen and then tap on the games option that will show up on the screen.
- You will find a lot of games on offer along with sub-categories like new releases, top charts, etc. So, finding the game of your choice will not be difficult.
Play Store update
The Google Play Store app sees regular updates in the background and follows the simple guidelines to update the Play Store in a few seconds.
- Launch the Google Play Store on your device by tapping on the Play Store icon from the Apps section.
- Tap on the menu option and then look for Settings option and tap on it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings option to locate the Build Humber and tap on it.
- If there is a Play Store update, you will get a prompt for it.
- The update, if any, will get installed by itself.
How to reinstall Play Store?
- Open the Settings on your phone by tapping on the Settings option on the home screen.
- Look for the Apps option and tap on it.
- Look for the Google Play Store and tap on it. Once inside the app, tap on uninstall updates.
- There will be a prompt saying that the app will restore to the factory version. Touch on the uninstall option on the prompt.
- Your Google Play Store will be now reset to factory settings.
- Tap on the Google Play Store icon on your device and then visit the page. Tap on the menu option and go to Settings option.
- Tap on auto updates to turn it on and then you will get a prompt for the Play Store update. Tap on the update to reinstall the latest version of Google Play Store.